I was playing with this on the car ride up to Davis today and again after I finished building my sister’s desk and shoe rack for her new apartment. I must say, I have quite a bit to say about this new operating system.
- Facebook and Twitter integration so sharing got a LOT easier
- decline calls and quick reply with a preset text message
- panorama function with the camera (4S+ models only so I’m not very happy as you can tell by my invisible panorama button)
- Yelp integration in the Maps app but ya have to zoom in until you can see the businesses. BUT still pretty darn cool to have the ratings and # of reviews at preview
- the Passbook app is pretty neat! I can save coupons on there and such. I just want more businesses to start implementing their own Passbook stuff before this gets even more useful and cool
- Maps app no longer supports public transit directions; you have to download another app for that (BIG BOO for me especially since I live in SF and has used that function quite a bit)
- Notification Center crashed and rebooted my phone 3 times after installing the iOS 6 today
- my Google Calendar syncs all disappeared so I had to reconfigure it again
- took TWO HOURS to download and install the new iOS and it froze before starting up again
- this text message glitch… that I had to reboot my phone to fix (4th time after installing iOS 6 today)
- Passbook app. How does this even work? I just see this so I click on the App Store button and it gives me “Cannot connect to iTunes Store” when I’m obviously connected to the iTunes Store…
- “Do Not Disturb” function. It sets your phone on silent when you sleep. Umm… there’s a switch on the side of the phone that lets you do that.
- Siri supposedly can make reservations and use Yelp to help you but that’s on the 4S+ models soooo… sucks for me ):
OVERALL, the update is kiiiindaaa cool but why are there so many glitches? And I honestly miss the Google Maps app! Can a 6.0.1 software update come out soon please?
Posted on Thursday, 20 September
Tagged as: apple facebook iOS 6 iPhone mickey operating software review software update twitter tangy thoughts