Zedd - Stay The Night ft. Hayley Williams (by ZEDDVEVO)
This IS AMAZING! I love love love loveeee it. Best music video I’ve seen in a very, very long time. It’s a true piece of art and it gives me goosebumps just watching it
Audien - Iris (Original Mix)
i might see audien at the exchange :)
This feels good.
Empire of the Sun | Alive (Zedd Remix)
Fallen Star by Do-Ho Suh, 2012
The precariously positioned sculpture is a permanent addition to UCSD’s Jacobs School of Engineering.
It’s Not That…
This upcoming tour I’m doing is called “It’s You, It’s Me Redux”. There are nine cities I’m visiting to commemorate the ten-year anniversary of the release of my album. It’s going to be a small and dirty gig-type atmosphere. This was a concept I came up with, wanting to go back to where I was, where the scene was, ten years ago. There will neither be stadiums nor big crowds. Each club I play is going to hold around 200 - 300 people, max. These are the clubs I played at back in the day.
It’s going to be intimate. It’s going to be deep.
Dates, venues, and ticketing links for each individual city will be released five days ahead of time, via social media (Twitter, FB etc.)
I love the big feel of huge crowds, anthems and mayhem. But sometimes it’s good to go back and touch base with the foundation. This is mine. Hope to see you there.
I know you’re coming to San Francisco! (: (: (:
Ten years ago this month, I put my entire heart and soul into an album called, “It’s You, It’s Me”.
Let me just throw a flashback at you: At the time I was working on this album, things were desperate. I knew that if this album didn’t work out, I would have to choose a different path. I wasn’t making any money, and my wife and I were trying to live off her income in San Francisco. We were going into debt. We lived in an apartment above a bar that stayed open until 4 AM every night. We had to have roommates to make rent. My studio was housed in an old hair salon that was permeated with the stench of hair products. It was a scary time, because I knew I couldn’t work the same hustle I had been pulling off for the past ten years, forever. I knew that this was my last shot, and that if people didn’t find it, if this album didn’t stick, I’d have to hang it up and move on.
I tried to make peace with that idea. I tried to prepare myself for that eventuality, that music would just be a hobby. I could dig in my crate on my off time, spend Saturday nights DJing at home or maybe land the occasional club gig. I would know that at least I gave it a real effort, I gave it my best shot.
With this internal conversation being played in my head, I crossed my fingers and mailed a CD (yes, USPS snail mail with an actual silver disc inside) to Ben Watt of Everything but the Girl, and his partner Jay Hannan. They were running a London deep house Sunday club called Lazy Dog. A CD and compilation series by the same name was also being put out by them. I knew they probably wouldn’t even look at it, much less play it. I loved the single but this track was down the street and around the corner from the neighborhood of what was popular at the time.
A phone call came from Jay Hannan. Not only had he listened to it, but “It’s You, It’s Me” was playing heavily at their club, and was smashing it.
Something crucial changed for me right then. I realized that I alone was responsible to make music that was true to me, and that I then had to stand behind it. I decided to name the album after the single, and to go as hard as I could with pushing this song out there.
I landed a gig playing a party at WMC 2003, slated to go on following the legendary King Britt. It was a packed club. It was easily the biggest audience I had ever played to at that point. “It’s You, It’s Me” as a single had only been out for around two months. I opened with it.
The crowd absolutely went nuts.
Not only was “It’s You, It’s Me” the biggest record of the night, it ended up dominating the conference. It was at this moment that I felt like I started to breathe again. I knew that I had a seat at the table, that I was going to be a part of this landscape of House Music. I didn’t know how exactly, or where it was going to take me, but I knew people were going to listen.
“It’s You, It’s Me” opened every door I needed to bust through; to lead with my heart and create the slap and bass that would paint the audio pictures I was put here to make.
To the ones who were there in the beginning, who have moved on: I thank you. To the ones who have recently found me: I thank you. And to the ones who are just joining now: I thank you. And most importantly, the ones who have been holding me up, supporting me with their words and by showing up since the very beginning.
Ten years ago, this month. A lot has changed, and very little has changed. There are fewer and fewer intimate gigs, and more stadium style sets. But I am sentimental when it comes to looking back at that time of my life. This April there will be an opportunity for me to go back. I’d like you to be there, so keep up with me in the usual ways, and you’ll find out how….Afterall…It’s you and it’s me in love.
Hydrofloors are only like the coolest thing ever invented. They are specially designed pools with movable floors. When you’re using your pool it’s just like a normal pool. But when you are done swimming or aquacising, you press a button and the pool’s floor slowly raises up while the water slips underneath the floor. Pimpin! Eventually the pool’s floor reaches the top and you are left with a large flat area you can use for recreation, dining, parties or any other dry land event you want.
Another press of the button and the floor sinks back down slowly to reveal your already water-filled pool. You can also stop the floor at any point which means you can make the pool as shallow or deep as you want. Having a kid’s party? Just set it for shallow kiddie pool depth. Be sure to throw a few extra chlorine tablets in the pool cleaning mechanism though, you know how kids are.
Wooowwww, this is siiiiiickkkkkk
omg… SO GOOD.
01. Kaskade feat. Mindy Gledhill – Eyes (Intro Edit vs. Swanky Tunes Remix) (Mashup)
02. Steve Aoki feat. Wynter Gordon – Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash Instrumental Remix) w/ Kaskade – Be Still (Acappella) (Mashup)
03. Kaskade feat. Skylar Grey – Room For Happiness (Gregori Klosman Remix)
04. Kaskade vs. Qulinez – Stars Troll (Mashup)
05. David Guetta – Paris w/ Kaskade – All You (Acappella) (Mashup)
06. Swedish House Mafia vs. Knife Party – Antidote w/ Kaskade feat. Dragonette – Fire In Your New Shoes (Acappella) (Mashup)
07. Tommy Trash – Cascade [PinkStar] w/ Kaskade feat. Becky Jean Williams – Empty Streets (Acappella) (Mashup)
08. Kelly Clarkson – Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) (Nicky Romero Remix) w/ Kaskade – Angel On My Shoulder (Acappella) (Mashup)
09. ID (41min)
09. Hard Rock Sofa – Quasar [Axtone] w/ Kaskade – 4AM (Acappella) (Mashup)
10. Kaskade & Skrillex – Lick It (Kaz James Remix vs. Original)
11. Albin Myers – Hells Bells [Dim Mak] w/ Kaskade & EDX feat. Haley – Don’t Stop Dancing (Acappella) (Mashup)
12. Kaskade – Llove (Dada Life Remix)
13. Kaskade feat. Neon Trees – Lessons In Love (Original vs. Headhunterz Remix)
14. Sandro Silva & Quintino – Epic [Musical Freedom] w/ Kaskade feat. Mindy Gledhill – Call Out (Acappella) (Mashup)
15. Deniz Koyu – Hertz [Flamingo] w/ Kaskade – It’s You, It’s Me (Acappella) (Mashup)
16. Swanky Tunes, Matisse & Sadko – The Legend [Refune] w/ Kaskade & Deadmau5 – Move For Me (Acappella) (Mashup)
17. Kaskade feat. Rebecca & Fiona – Turn It Down (Deniz Koyu Remix) w/ Nicky Romero – Toulouse [Spinnin] (Mashup)
18. Carl Louis & Martin Danielle – FiveAM (Thomas Sagstad Instrumental Remix) [Agape] w/ Skylar Grey – Invisible (Acappella) (Mashup)
19. Dada Life – White Noise / Red Meat [Dim Mak] w/ Kaskade feat. Haley – Dynasty (Mashup)
20. Kaskade & Adam K feat. SunSun – Raining
21. Pryda – Allein [Virgin] w/ Kaskade & Inpetto feat. Late Night Alumni – How Long (Acappella) (Mashup)
22. Alex Gaudino – I’m In Love (I Wanna Do It) w/ Kaskade – I’ll Never Dream (Acappella) (Mashup)
23. Kaskade – I Remember
24. R3hab & Swanky Tunes feat. Max C – Sending My Love (Kaskade Remix vs. Original) [Wall] (Mashup)
This feels weird… To know that I was there when this live mix was playing.
Don’t You Worry Child (Live) [feat. John Martin] (by SHMVEVO)
I feel a need to put this on my Tumblr <3 SHM! And what a way to end with DYWC! SO EXCITED TO SEE THESE GUYS IN MARCH!
Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash | Reload (Original Mix)
Why is this so good… o___o
Zedd ft. Foxes - Clarity
Finally gave it a listen. Wow. The lyrics… “If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? If our love is insanity, why are you my clarity?”
UPDATE: His entire album is good… Zedd, you’re amazing
I SWEAR. One day, I WILL go to this!
Markus Schulz Feat. Seri - Love Rain Down (Myon & Shane 54 Summer Of Love Mix)